January 27, 2012

sketchbook week (day 5)


Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucket
The last sketchbook of the week. I'm pretty sure I could keep going for about a month or so. This past summer I found out that The School of the Art Institute of Chicago was offering a certificate in Illustration - so I jumped at the chance to go back to school. Meeting new illustrators, learning new techniques - it was pretty fun! The intro to illustration course was 5 weeks long and we squeezed in 4 projects! From coming up with an editorial illustration, a poster, a children's book cover, to self promotional postcards. I took tons of notes and filled up my whole sketchbook from front to back. 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my sketchbooks this week, I hope you enjoyed them! 

3 comments:

  1. aw i'm sad this series is ending! thanks for sharing your sketchbooks!! they were great! :D have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe that it is over with the sketchbooks! I wish it lasted a month at least.

    I love the phrenology study in the second image and the character development. I love all of them. Thank you for this glimpse of cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Sabina.
    And oh my gosh, how awesome would you+Lilla Rogers be?! They would love your stuff! I hope you've submitted...
    --Gaia

    ReplyDelete