June 10, 2011

instagram









my week in instagram photos. 

so, my 30th birthday is coming up on tuesday. i can't believe it! i'm excited to be done with my 20's and look forward to what my 30's have in store. i treated myself to an iphone for the big day. i toss and turn about being so connected to electronics and the internet, but i really don't think there is a better way to try and make it as an illustrator. i figure you just gotta embrace it. 

i'm looking forward to celebrating with friends and family this weekend. (i have class tuesday night) the plan is cuban food, raw cheesecake, bike rides, a ferris wheel (fingers crossed), garage sales and lots of photos! 

have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!
    And I agree with you. Being connected is just part of the job of being an illustrator right now. Beyond just using it as a work tool, I'm grateful that I've met so many other supportive illustrators too. I call them my co-workers so I never feel isolated working alone :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend and have a blast with your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're finally going to make it on the ferris wheel?! Your 30th is the perfect time, don't wimp out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tracy - it is! i agree - thats the best part, meeting so many other great illustrators!

    alicia - thank you!

    gail - ha no it rained! dammn one of these days i'm going to make it there!

    kenzie - thanks lady!

    isa - thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday, Denise! And good wishes for a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sue - thank you so much! it's going to be a great year - i hope!

    ReplyDelete