March 15, 2011

I'm still here

It has been two weeks since the big move back to Chicago. I missed this place and I am happy to call it home again (for a very long time - no more moving for us!).

While moving the klutz in me slipped on ice and I fell on my drawing hand. I am better now but it is really hard to open doors and jars. I will live.

I am having withdrawls from the internet, but it has been a nice break to be away from blogs, emails, and twitter. I have had plenty of time to unpack our place, organize my studio, visit the new neighborhood library and during these two weeks I must have read 5 books. Wow what would my life be like if I never used a computer?

Our internet starts this weekend. I will be back next week with my regular blog posts. I have missed you!

3 comments:

  1. happy to hear your move went well (apart from your wrist!), looking forward to more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,
    I've followed your blog for a while now and I really love your work! I'm sorry to read about your accident but it looks like you're doing fine you're having a little holiday!! Good for you then, take care and hope to read you soon...!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. jen - thanks! i'm happy to be back!

    laura - awe thanks so much! you made my day!

    ReplyDelete